We've found a fabulous cruise through the Arabian Gulf, and it's so exciting, that we've decided to book it for ourselves! (You can join us if you want...more on that, later). This one-week itinerary aboard the MSC Splendida visits Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas Island Doha and Bahrain. We'll see the glittering cities of the Emirates, the stunning architectures of iconic mosques, and explore fabulous nature preserves and desert landscapes.
All the while, we'll be aboard the MSC Splendida, a gorgeous ship from the best cruise line that you may not ever have heard of before! MSC is a European cruise line that's only starting to break into the North American Market. While they're beefing up their presence in the Caribbean, they've long been cruising in other parts of the world. And it's remarkably affordable! It's a chance to take a premium cruise at a value price, unpack only once, and see more of the region than you'd ever expect.
Here's where you'll go:
- Dubai. Ultramodern architecture, luxury shopping and glittering nightlife. Our voyage sails from Dubai, so why not build in a day or two to explore this fabulous city and the surrounding desert?
- Abu Dhabi. Go on a desert dune adventure, have a blast at Ferrari World theme park, visit a garden oasis in the desert, or see Sheikh Zayed Mosque, a masterpiece of neo-Islamic architecture and one of the largest mosques in the world.
- Sir Bani Yas Island. Kayak through mangrove forests, go on a safari in a remarkable nature preserve, or just hang on on a fabulous beach.
- Bahrain. Explore the rich cultural history of Bahrain at the National Museum, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site to explore Bahrain's pearl-trading legacy, and visit historic Muharraq city, with its narrow lanes with beautiful restored houses.
- Doha. Explore Qatar with a desert safari, or explore the coastline on a dhow cruise, explore the bustling markets or just relax at the beach!
And, when you're not on a fabulous shore excursion, there's plenty to do on board the ship. Just take a look!
Want more information about this fabulous trip? Think you might want to join us? We'll be departing February 9, 2019 and we'd love it if you came along. Or, we can find a similar sailing for you with other dates. If you'd like more information, just drop us a line!